Hello gamers! This site will be devoted to the best of the best video games that deliver epic gaming experiences. Our content will mostly pertain to the latest news from your favorite eSports games.
For game reviews: We highly recommend PC Gamer Magazine. They have an awesome magazine in you’re into print editions but their site is great too. Searching their archives you can find a detailed review for almost any game. We also really like Polygon’s content. These guys seem like some of the only people out there still writing fair reviews and not afraid of game publisher wrath etc. We also like Objective Game Reviews as a more independent source. Let us know if you know any other good sites where you consistently go to before making a game purchase and we will check it out and maybe add it here.
For gaming gear reviews: IGN has a good tech section, though it is mainly console stuff. PC World has some good information on PC stuff. Also if you want specific information Tom’s Hardware forums is a good place to run a search on as you’ll have people chiming in their opinions left and right. Let us know if there’s another site you use before making a big purchase.. we know some of these gaming gadgets can get pretty pricey!
The Call of Duty line, Defense of the Ancients 2, League of Legends, Counter-Strike: GO, Starcraft 2, World of Tanks, and Hearthstone. These are the games we will be providing information and news on. As other games come to the front, we will also bring these into the fold. Coverage on single player games will be limited, but our staff has a wide range of interests and we all enjoy different games. For new comers, here we will provide a basic overview of the games..
- Call of Duty Series. First person and 3rd person shooter series. This series is the premier console shooter series and perhaps the most popular multi-player shooter franchise of all time. These games are published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer Games. These developers are taking rotating shifts so a new CoD title can be released every year. The CoD eSports scene is developing rapidly with the help of Major League Gaming.
- Defense of the Ancients 2. Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game. Developed by the well-known Valve Corporation. The mighty and wise overlords of the “master” PC gaming race. This game has a gigantic eSports scene.
- League of Legends. Another Multiplayer online battle arena game. Developed by Riot games. Riot has built out a prominent eSports league in North America and Europe, and is now targeting other countries to roll out professional leagues in.
- Counterstrike: GO. A very popular FPS franchise played on Windows (PC Only). Although not as large as the MOBA scene, this FPS has quite the eSports following. It is definitely one of the most popular titles at events such as Dreamhack.
- Starcraft 2. The most popular competitive Real Time Strategy (RTS) franchise of all time. Is probably the least popular of the titles mentioned so far as the game has been out for quite some time and it just doesn’t have quite the same numbers/viewers as the other games. Although in South Korea there is still a fairly large following, the USA and Europe leagues have been more or less on the decline.
- World of Tanks. A massively multiplayer online action game developed by company Wargaming.net. It has a variety of game modes and is one of the newcomers to the eSports realm and debued as an eSports game at the World Cyber Games 2012. It is available on Xbox Live as well as the PC.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. This is a digital collectible card game developed by the same folks who made Starcraft series, Blizzard Entertainment. The game has a rapidly developing competitive scene with a variety of tournaments popping up. The Hearthstone World Championship tournament will host 16 players—the best of the best of a variety of regions—and a prize pool of $250,000.
We are sure this list will be ever growing, and we will add new games as they are released and if and when they grow in popularity (Heroes of the Storm anyone?). Our content will cover news and information pertaining to this dynamic list.